Thursday, February 9, 2012

Play Time

James: I can see you, Dad.

Me: Peek-a-boo!

James: Oh, yeah. Surprise. You were hiding behind your hands. Awesome hiding spot. Next time, why don't you just put a blanket over your head? I'm sure I'd never find you then...Oh, really? You're going back to the hand thing? Oh, okay, "Where's Daddy?"

Me: Peek-a-boo!

James: Seriously, just stop. You're just embarrassing yourself now....And here we go again.

Me: Peek-a-boo!

James: (Staring blankly at me) There's no way that I’m related to you.

Me: Well, you used to love it. You used to crack up for hours.

James: Well, I used to like sucking on my fingers, liquified food, and shows where puppets talk and sing...But, we all grow up someday.

Me: So what do you want to do, then?

James: How about you just give me a milk cup, a banana, and let me sit here with my old friends the Backyardigans while I thumb through this book of barnyard animals and work something out in my pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment