Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Quiet Time

Me: Hey, buddy, whacha doing?

James: Shhh!

Me: Don't shush me. I just came in here to find out what-

James: Shhh!

Me: What is it that's so important that you have to be so rude?

James: You always do that. You wait until the very end of my show to come in and interrupt. Do I do that to you?

Me: Well, actually...

James: Is it too much to ask that you at least come in and see what I’m watching and how much time is left before you just start yapping away like a howler monkey. I mean - Oh! See! Now I’ll never know what happened! You got me so worked up and distracted that I missed the ending!

Me: It's not a big deal. We can rewind the cable box so you can see it. Not like its a surprise, anyway. The little Hispanic girl and the monkey get the ball back from the masked fox and make it to the carnival in time for the parade. Then they sing and dance and everyone is happy.

James: (putting hands over ears) LALALALALALA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

Me: I’m just saying.

James: Hey, Dad, I saw that you recorded Citizen Kane. Rosebud... It’s a sled....I’m just saying...

Me: Someone needs a nap

No comments:

Post a Comment